Until then

7:13 AM



"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Today is the 7th of November 2016 and I only have exactly 9 days left before I enter the Missionary Training Center for my mission.

Right now, I am a mixture of happiness, sadness, excitement and.. fear.

Happiness, because I will now be serving the Lord for 18 months. I am happy everytime I know I am doing something that makes God happy. And one of the things to make our Lord happy is to decide to serve on a mission.

Sadness, yes. Like what I mentioned above, it'll be for 18 months or let's say 1 and a half year. I'm going to miss my family (especially my youngest brother who has a down syndrome, Shiloh) and of course, my home ward, my friends.

Excitement, of course! Because I will go to a place where I have no idea about the places, and the people as well. And I will learn their (Chile) language, which is Español, and their cultures there.

Lastly, fear. Yes. I know I must not feel this one but I am conquering this! A big thanks for my friends (Reulle and his dog Labrador, Yeng) who sent me a scripture passage last night. It really helped me conquer my fear so I wanna share it with you as well. It'll be found on Doctrine and Covenants section 121 verses 7 and 9.
"7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."

He will serve in the Brazil Curitiba Mission and I cannot see anything he's afraid of. That scripture passage really helped me a lot and I also read some articles and talks about serving a mission and about faith, of course, to make myself relief from fear and doubt.

Time flies so fast.

Every second, minute, hour, day, month, year are like a blink of an eye.

This will not be my last post on my blog, but as for now and for the next 18 months, this will be the last temporarily.

Surely i'm going to post another after I served my 18 months mission as a sister missionary. However, right now, I know I must focus on the Lord's work having an eye single to Him.

I will miss you all. We will still see, text, chat, talk each other again. 18 months is real quick.

The only way you can talk to me is via e-mail. Here's my e-mail address: karizza.llanera@myldsmail.net

I'll be more than happy to receive consistent (yes consistent, demanding ako e haha) e-mails from all of you! And i'll do my best to reply every week!

I love you and i'm going to miss you all. Yes. All of you.

Until then.

Love,
Sister Llanera
Chile Santiago West Mission
November 2016 - May 2018


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews